Study Content Prepared by: Harjeet Kaur
Please download latest syllabus from website of your university for reference.
We are following Panjab University, Chandigarh (IN) syllabus format of M.Sc. Zoology.
How to use the following: You can simply click on the topic, automatically opening in new tab & study. Please note small topics are covered in single post.
- Introduction: Definition, subdivision & scope of ecology.
- Abiotic Factors: Temperature, light and soil as ecological factors.
- Principles of limiting factors: Liebig’s law of minimum, Shelfords law of tolerance and combined concept of limiting factor.
- Ecosystem: Definition, Components, food chain & food web, energy flow through ecosystem, ecological pyramids, major ecosytems of the world.
- Biogeochemical cycles: Definition, different types of gaseous and sedimentary biogeochemical cycles.
- Population: Characteristics.
- Biotic Community: Characteristics of biotic community, ecological niche.
- Ecological Succession: Definition, types of succession, xerarch & hydrarch concept of climax community, theories of succession.
- Ecological Adaptations: Desert, Aerial, Fusorial & Aquatic adaptations in animals.