Study Content Prepared by: Smriti Kanchan
Please download latest syllabus from website of your university for reference.
We are following Panjab University, Chandigarh (IN) syllabus format of M.Sc. Zoology.
For ease of study, we have presented here topics according to the above said syllabus.
How to use the following: You can simply click on the topic, automatically opening in new tab & study.
- Nutrition : Chemistry, metabolic role and sources of vitamins & deficiency diseases due to them. Biological significance and regulation of minerals and deficiency diseases due to them. Physiology of digestion.
- Circulation : Chemistry of blood components and their functional significance; origin, formation,molecular regulation and maturation of RBCs and WBCs; biochemistry of haemoglobin and myoglobin; biochemical interconversions during blood coagulation and homeostasis. Cardiac cycle and its regulatory mechanisms. Cardiac output and the factors that affect cardiac output, micro circulation, blood pressure, factors influencing blood pressure and its regulation.
- Respiration : Concept of respiration, mechanism of breathing; biochemistry of respiratory exchange; Transport of respiratory gases; Regulatory mechanisms (humoral and neural) of respiration. Respiratory acidosis, alkalosis and regulation of pH.
- Excretion : Concept of excretion and nitrogenous wastes; functional anatomy of renal unit; biophysical and chemical mechanisms of ultrafiltration, reabsorption and secretion, transport mechanisms, urine formation & regulatory control of sugar, urea, Na+ K+, and H+; Role of kidneys in regulation of acid-base balance and osmoregulation, counter current mechanism.
- Physiology of Muscles : Types of muscles and their components; Molecular organization of myosin, role of heavy and light meromyosin, molecular organization of actin; interaction of actin and myosin, ATPase activity of myosin, power-stroke, ATP binding and hydrolysis; Role of troponin and tropomyosin and Ca ++ in regulation of muscle contraction. Contraction of smooth muscles, role of phosphorylation, Ca ++ and kinases; Role of actin and myosin in eukaryotic cells (microtubles and microfilaments).
- Stress Physiology: Physiological adaptations in response to high, low ambient temperature, physiological adaptation at high altitude and in deep sea environment.