General characteristics of Volvocales
- Plant body is unbranched filamentous, but in ulvaceae it is parenchymatous or foliaceous.
- Cell are uninucleate and contain chloroplast of different types like C shaped, axial or parital etc.
- These are found in fresh water. e. g. Ulothrix some are grown in brackish water marine water and also on soil.
- Plant body is unicellular and multicellular colonial in habitat.
- They reproduce both sexually and asexually. Asexual reproduction by zoospore, aplanospore, hypnospore etc. , Sexual by isogamy, anisogamy, oogamy etc.