On the night of 2nd and 3rd December 1948 an incident took place. It is one of the world worst Industrial disaster. A gas named methyl isocyanate (MIC). Over 50,000 people died in this Catastrophic incident.
Methyl Isocyanate (MIC)
- Methyl Isocyanate is a colourless liquid used for making pesticides.
- The chemical is very reactive.
- Methyl Isocyanate is fatal when inhaled or when it comes in contact with the body.
LONG TERM RESPONSE:
- As these chemicals result in mutations in human beings, thus act as a mutagenic agent.
- If pregnant ladies come kn contact, it result in TERATOGENIC effect to the fetus.
- Increase Chromosomal abnormality.