- Any object that is having the capability to do work possesses energy.
- The energy possessed by a moving object is called Kinetic Energy.
- The energy can be transferred from one form to another, i.e. an object S does the work on object K, if an object S which does the work looses energy and the object K on which the work is done said to posses the energy; and here in this case the energy has been transferred from object S to object K thus transfer of energy has taken place.
- Faster the object, faster will be the kinetic energy.
Let us consider an object of mass m; moving with a uniform velocity u. when a constant force F is applied on the object m, it displaces itself by a distance s in the direction of force applied.
EXAMPLES OF KINETIC ENERGY
- Used in windmills, when the wind hits the blades it results in Rotation and thus results in generation of electricity.
- When running we posses kinetic energy.
- A bullet fired from the gun is also an example of kinetic energy.