- The force that is applied on a surface that is perpendicular to the surface is called THRUST.
- Thus thrust is a perpendicular force.
- Its SI Unit is N (Newton)
- Thrust is in opposite direction to gravity.
- Thrust on unit area is called Pressure.
- When Force F is applied on a Surface Area A then
- SI Unit is Pascal or N/m².
- Dams are constructed on a larger area so it produces less pressure.
- Sharp knife cuts well than a blunt knife, as the force of our hand falls over a very small area resulting in more pressure.
- School bags have wide strips, this increases the area and thus decreases the pressure.