Skip to content
- The nervous tissue comprises of brain, spinal cord and nerves.
- Structural and functional unit of nervous system is NEURON.
- Cells of nervous tissue are highly specialized for stimulation.
- It is responsible for coordinating and controlling.
- A neuron consists of cell body, nucleus within the cell body and cytoplasm.
- The long part of neuron is called AXON.
- Many short branches arise from the neuron called DENDRITES.
- It consists of myelinated sheath for conduction of message.
- The message can be in the form of chemicals or electric impulses.
FUNCTIONS OF NERVOUS TISSUE:
- Helps in communication
- Control and coordination.
- Respond to stimuli
- To think and act
error: Content is protected !!